Join us for a free virtual event designed for research staff and students. We will showcase the different ways to make the most of scientific discoveries that can benefit more people in academia and our broader society.
This will be a serious and fun event centred on a hypothetical, but realistic, scenario where our researcher, Professor Katharina Gaus, is seeking opportunities to boost the impact of a scientific discovery. Five experts from different specialties ranging from academia, publishing and commercialisation will be making their pitches to our researcher, bidding for a chance to collaborate.
• The Academic: Professor Marcel Dinger, Head of UNSW School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
• The Editor: Professor Justin Gooding, Editor-in-chief of ACS Sensors
• The Investor: Natasha Rawlings, Investment Manager at Uniseed
• The Biotech Executive: Dr Marthe D’Ombrain, Senior Director and Head Global Research Innovation at CSL
• The Entrepreneur: Dr Julio Ribeiro, CEO of Inventia Life Science
Two umpires will guide our researcher through the decision process: Dr Erin Rayment, Chair of KCA and Director of Industry Engagement, QUT, will explain what impact can be achieved in each pathway, and Nicholas Milne, Patent and Trade-Mark attorney at Patentec, will breakdown the technical aspects of IP protection.
This event will be moderated by Rom Bouveret, creator and host of Research for What? and Strategy Manager at UNSW Sydney.
Contact for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: http://bit.ly/Details-Impact